Jun 9, 2010

Photo-inspiration by ANTM.

One of my guiltiest pleasures is crap TV. I'm sorry but I absolutely adore reality shows and find myself submerged in the world of fake reality anytime I have the chance. Yesterday, the show that caught my eye twice the same day was some past season of America's Next Top Model. I have this fascination with the photoshoots they produce on the show. Yesterday it was Mike Rosenthal's chance to put the "models" in front of the ballots posing for the American Obama election. I then became intrigued to know more about this super hip and young photographer directing the models, so I googled him. I loved his work and saved some of his pictures on my hard disk, waiting to someday produce shoots like those (believe me, I will! :p) It's a shame that I couldn't find tons and tons of his work online, but hey... I leave you here with some sources of inspiration for photography and (why not) crafts.

----

Uno de mis placeres más culposos en la vida es ver reality shows, siempre me sumerjo en esos mundos de "falsa realidad" por horas, y me encanta la experiencia. Ayer el show que cautivó mi atención una vez en la mañana y otra en la noche fue una edición pasada de America's Next Top Model. Me encanta ese programa por que soy una fashion-closet-junkie y me encantan las sesiones fotográficas que producen para las modelos. En esta ocasión, fue el turno del fotógrafo americano Mike Rosenthal, a quien le tocó producir y dirigir una sesión de las chicas con el tema Elecciones (Obama vs. McCain). Fue así que el trabajo de este chico me intrigó a tal grado de buscarlo en Google. Me encantó su trabajo y guardé algunas de sus -en mi opinión- mejores fotografías en mi disco duro, para servirme de inspiración para próximas sesiones (y prometo hacerlas!) Es una lástima que no encontré más de su trabajo online, pero bueno :) al menos como inspiración sirven para mucho.


ALL IMAGES BY MIKE ROSENTHAL.

2 comments:

  1. HAhahahaha yo soy fan de AMTM alguna vez me avergonze pero ahora ya me valee!! jajajaja, bueno, depende con quien este ;D Super guilty pleasure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. jajajajaja compartámoslo juntaaaaas :D

    ReplyDelete