Apr 26, 2010

Crochet Project: Wrap Re-Make

Several days ago somebody asked me if I had given up crocheting, like wanting to know if I had given up on it already, and although I was kinda forgetting how to crochet and projects I had in mind, I decided to step out of the closet of crochet-forgetfulness and give it a go again.

Hace algunos días, alguien me preguntó si ya había dejado por la paz la crocheteada, como queriendo saber si -como en otras ocasiones- había ya abandonado la misión, y aunque en efecto, estaba ya olvidando mis proyectos crocheteros, decidí salir del closet e intentarlo otra vez.



And I started. First: trip to the yarn store, second, trip to buy some crochet magazines. And deliciousness happened: I found the latest number of Crochet Today! with several DIY crochet projects (and their patterns) and I got crazy, so I started knitting like there was no tomorrow.

Y empecé. Primero, fui a la tienda de estambres, y segundo me paré en un Sanborn's a comprar revistas. Y para mi sorpresa: encontré el último número de Crochet Today!  con muchísimos proyectos para hacerlos tú mismo (y sus patrones) y me volví loca y me pasé todo el fin tejiendo como si no hubiera mañana.

I fell in love with a new article they had: the DIY wedding with several projects for the new bride (and since I am one, I felt identified and looved every single project). One of the projects I wanted to start with was a Wrap Re-make, inspired in wraps that beautiful actresses wore in the 1940s over their stylish dresses. This is it:

Me enamoré de un artículo que tenían: Proyectos para la novia, para una boda "hágalo usted mismo". Y como de hecho soy una próxima novia, me enamoré y sentí identificada con tooodos los proyectos. Uno de los que quería empezar a la voz de ya era el Wrap Re-make, inspirado en los chales pequeños que usaban las actrices por allá de 1940 sobre sus hermosos vestidos vintage. Y aquí está:



Surprise, surprise because I have started knitting, and although the pattern was labeled for a beginner with experience, it was hard to follow, but finally when I got it right: I started making the daisy squares and joining them, this is what I got so far: 

Aunque usted no lo crea, ya empecé a tejer y aunque el patrón decía que era para principiantes con experiencia, fue algo difícil de seguir, pero finalmente empecé a hacer mis cuadritos con flores y a unirlos, esto es lo que llevo hasta ahora:




Wish me luck peers, because it is not that simple, but I'm fully committed to finish it, I would LOOOVE to wear this wrap over my sleevless shirts on the fresh spring-y mornings here at Guadalajara.

Deséenme suerte, que no está TAN sencillo pero estoy comprometida a hacerlo, ya que me encantaría usarlo sobre las blusas sin tirantes en las mañanas frescas de primavera en Guadalajara. 

No comments:

Post a Comment